This information is from Casella Wines.
Although there is no direct threat at this time, it is import to understand what the threat is and what your control options are should they become one.
• Early control is most effective when locusts are at the ‘hopper’ stage.
• Do not apply any locust control chemicals directly to the vines and watch for spray drift!
• Control strategies post 80% capfall will need to be confirmed with your purchasing winery.
• Adult locust cannot be deterred or controlled with the registered chemicals.
• Spray records must be maintained, including sprays applied to the ground , headland or vineyard roads.
If control methods are likely, it is advised that you approach your neighbours and discuss any spay plans for more effective control and to minimise any spray drift issues.